No map appears

1. skatewash says:

Running Google Chrome 15.0.874.121 m on Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1). No map appears. I get a map to appear when accessing on the IE browser, but would prefer to use Chrome.

2. paul says:

I think I've figured this out. I'd really appreciate if you could do a quick test and tell me if it's working now.

Long story short, there was a bug occurring when a user was behind a connection blocking facebook domains. I wasn't seeing it since I wasn't behind a firewall configured that way. I closed off facebook using my HOSTS file and was able to reproduce and fix. My sincere apologies for the disruption!

I'm pretty sure I tweaked the last-modified header so that a forced-reload won't be necessary, but if you could confirm that too, it would be a huge huge help.

Thanks for the bug report!

Paul

3. skatewash says:

No change I'm afraid. Still no map visible when using Chrome. As far as I know I'm not behind a connection blocking facebook domains. As I say, I can see maps when I use gmap-pedometer from IE and from Firefox. I connect through the internet via Comcast Xfinity. I'm running Norton Security Suite (available free for Comcast subscribers) and I'm running something called Constant Guard (also from Xfinity) consisting of Norton Security Guard, IDENTITY GUARD, Secure Backup & Share, and XFINITY Toolbar. Other than that I can't think of anything unusual I'm running.

I guess my question would be why map access is affected in Chrome, but not in IE or Firefox.

Thanks for your response!

4. nateardle says:

I'm having the same issue, and since I'm also using Norton Security Suite and Constant Guard, and the problems began after installing those problems, it must have something to do with them. Any ideas of why?

5. nateardle says:

Whatever the case, after a reboot of my computer the maps appear again. Not sure what caused the temporary disappearance of the maps.