Camino de Santiago

1. jmcarp says:

Has anyone created gmap-pedometer routes for the Camino de Santiago (the Way of Saint James) in Spain? I am looking specifically for the route called the Camino Frances, which starts in St Jean Pied de Port just across the Spanish border in France, and continues through Pamplona, Burgos, and Leon to Santiago de Compostela, a total distance of approximately 775 km (480 miles)? If so, csn you direct me to this route or collection of routes? Thanks,
    Jim

2. maydd says:

Hi jmcarp

I've always been interested to walk the Camino de Santiago/Way of St James/Jakobsweg/Chemin de St Jacques, maybe some day in the distant future. If I search for 'Camino Frances gpx' on Google, the first link I find is this one ( http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=wojgyldddrbyrnnb&language=en ), which looks a lot like what you asked for. Now, if only we could import GPX files into Gmap-pedometer...;)

3. jmcarp says:

Thanks for the link. The Google Earth animated tour is pretty amazing -- just like doing the Camino in a helicopter. I'm going to have to see if that will run on my Samsung tablet. I wasn't going to take the tablet with me, but if it works, it would enable me to virtually see each day's walk ahead of time.
    Jim