Just Right

1. sheilasweet says:

I usually go for a walk around my neighborhood every morning, and I never have a route mapped out ahead of time. Because the morning is not my best time of day, I don't always remember to wear my pedometer; and it was hard to keep track of my distance. I found this site searching Google yesterday, and mapping my route using the manual feature was easy and quick - simple and effective. Thanks.

2. bw878 says:

Usually take about a half mile walk with the dog. Today took a longer route and wanted to know how far we walked. I found this site and got an exact measurement. Now I can increase in increments and log my progress. It is user friendly (maybe even the dog can do it) thans.

3. wUusa says:

Really a great site to track the walkings... Love it :) Will use it for every tour

4. johthor says:

Excellent site. I am doing a 19 week training program to walk a marathon. I am on week 5 of the schedule which has a long walk of 14 miles. This site will be an excellent aid as I work toward my goal.

5. Walkinthedog says:

I walk around the neighborhood, too. I knew about this site but had never taken the time to map out my route and find out how far I go until this spring. To my amazement, I am now walking almost 4 miles. I incorporate five cul-de-sacs and three hills, and most of them are out of the way and intentional. The heat wave lasted an entire week but has now broken, and I have some exercise to make up for.

6. lisangus2 says:

I have been using this site regularly for about 5 years to plan routes for my walk team in Ottawa (Ottawalkers). We almost always have a few people training for an upcoming event, half marathon/marathon or whatever, and so planning specific distances over the training period is important. (Meanwhile, other members who prefer to walk shorter distances also like to know where/how far they are walking.) Also we like variety in routes, and luckily Ottawa has a lot of beautiful routes to take - canal pathways and pathways along 3 rivers, as well as lovely neighborhoods and the Experimental Farm. Gmaps Pedometer is a fabulous tool to use to support our training efforts, with optional shorter sub-routes.

7. Ladygypsy629 says:

I am a middle aged (57) woman who started walking 121 days ago. With "middle age" comes "middle age spread" and I was totally frustrated with the spreading middle!!!! I started walking in my neighborhood with the intention of improving my health, losing weight and to be able to participate in the 2013 Mountain Man March. I had been driving my car on my routes to figure out how far I was walking. This site has been a life (and gas) saver!! Thank you. I struggled with some features but have a profile, a list of my different routes I prefer (variety), and I love the workout log!! I walk EVERYDAY. I cannot do 3-5 days alternating. I procrastinate too much for that so the everyday schedule is working. I have lost 15 pounds so far (25 more to go)and I feel better. Thank you again for a great site!!!!

8. tomxp says:

I am shocked to say that I've inadvertantly somehow become 67. (grin) My profession - from which I retired a year ago - was rather sedentary and I decided that some of the weight had to disappear and at least *some* exercise had to be part of the process. Your site has been wonderful in planning and assessing walking routes. I love numbers and this allows me to keep track of my progress. Starting at 196, I'm down to 171 and hope to level off at about 165. But walking is definitely going to be a continuing part of my life. Thanks a bunch for this site!

9. cayz says:

I'd like to echo the Thanks the others above have posted. I, too, have found out that getting out usually means putting on weight, and walking is the best exercise. Without spending a ton of money on all kinds of gear, I have found this site to greatly aid me in tracking my on-purpose exercise, not only when I'm home, but also when I'm on vacation.

10. inca says:

Just found this. I've been looking for something like this because I do not like wearing a pedometer but would love to know how far I've walked.

Ladygypsy629 and tomxp: you guys are my inspiration now. I am coming up on 60 and have really let myself go. It's now or never but overwhelming to think how far I've got to go. I think beginning by walking and building up from there is the way to go. Your success gave me a real boost. Would love to hear how you are doing.

11. wenliss says:

I just found this site last week and was so pleased. Thank you for such a useful site! I've been walking my neighbourhood for years now as my primary exercise and always wondered how many kms I was doing (I once had a pedometer but it was not good). My routes have changed over the years, and I was amazed to discover my main route is now nearly 7 kms! That's awesome and inspires me to keep on going! I try to get out every day.

12. scraig8877 says:

Love this site!! Just found it. the app I downloaded was wildly inaccurate. Come to find out I've been walking a 5K!! Think I'll sign up for some official 5Ks now! Thanks for creating this.

13. Sultec says:

I've found that it is really hard to determine distance accuracy. Have used 3 different pedometers, my vehicle's odometer, a measuring wheel, and this site. All give me different readings. What's good about this site is the ability to plan a route near a destination. It doesn't ask for a membership fee either, so I try to click on ads.